Didactic method and Didactic proceeding
Didactic method is a specific tactic of educational process. It aims educational objectives fulfillment. Also it promotes consolidation of knowledge in form of facts, phenomena, ideas, formula, laws, etc.
Also didactic methods help to handle the accumulated knowledge of each person. They arrange the information making it logical and accessible. It is not enough to discover truths and demonstrate ideas – all this should be applicable and useful. Otherwise, information becomes useless.
Didactic method is one of the basic components of education because it organizes educational process. It features following modalities of work:
- making students an active element of educational process by motivating them to participate to curricular and extracurricular activities;
- find solution to cognition tasks and problems creating an alliance professor-student;
- develop logical and factual thinking at same rate;
- determination of professor as moderator and observer during educational process;
Didactic method plays not just the role of settling of educational process, but offers a large array of possibilities to motivate students; to originally present information; to relate to up to time subjects; etc. Teacher or professor can choose from various didactic methods to inform the needed information.
A didactic method appears and renovates when there are preconditions for this. The main preconditions are changes in society.
Didactic methods have the following functions:
- cognitive function: to open paths and possibilities of discovering and understanding reality; research technical possibilities; develop cultural background; etc.
- formative-educative function: to create and discover talents, abilities, capacities, behavior, skills, etc.
- instrumental function: method represents a tool for achievement of educational objectives;
- normative function: method indicates how educative process should evolve; what results should be achieved; how to reach the best productivity; what are the shortest ways to the cognition; etc.
Didactic method helps to answer the question: How to teach so they can learn?
Didactic proceeding is used in concrete situations. Proceeding is a segment of method, in this way a teaching educational method can contain one or more proceedings. Each method contains its characteristic proceedings which are classical. If any new proceedings are added then the method is not pure but is complex. A combination of new proceedings can create a new method.
A method can be considered effective if the involved proceedings give concrete positive results. The positive moment about proceedings is the fact that their succession order can easily be changed. It highly depends on thought subject and on situation.
The difference between proceeding and method is not so big that’s why sometimes proceeding can turn into method and method can change into proceeding. Of course proceedings are divided in some categories like:
- practical proceedings;
- theoretical proceedings.
Didactic proceedings are completed by techniques and tools. They enrich content of method and proceeding and help students easier assimilate the offered content.
Proceedings, methods and techniques are permanently changing that gives a dynamic character to all of them.