New tendencies in didactic methodology
Didactic methodology acts like flexible process. We already explained and would like to repeat what makes it change and be malleable. This is about changes in society and up to time requirements that make educational system change and fulfill these requirements. This is why didactic methodology is always in change and has tendencies. The mentioned tendencies are qualitative and quantitative at the same time.
Modern society is changing to fast and educational process changes at the same rate, that's why it never possesses stability. In these harsh conditions survive only those who can adaptive and the best ones!
We can't affirm that this is good tendency or a bad one. This is what modern society has built during long historical periods. And also this is what assures results that's why flexibility is not preferred to stability. The quality of certain methodology is also appreciated by: aspect, dosage, combination of proceedings.
Didactic methodology is compared to an octopus; each tentacle represents a certain direction:
- practicing new methods, proceedings and techniques of education and learning to solve new phenomena in studing process;
- creating strategies and tactics that will make educational process more flexible and efficient;
- keeping a changeable character of learning process;
- giving priority to methods and proceedings that have an active and participating character;
- no dominant method, assuring a large variety of methods;
- techniques that are components of methodology should be very different and need to be equipped with a large variety of tools;
- teaching-learning process should be based on relation student-professor;
- assuring equality of student's access to information and self expressing;
- enlarging methods and possibilities of information search and assimilation;
- cultivation of methods that assure individual learning; self education; self evaluation; self instruction;
- creation of extracurricular activities that will strengthen and enlarge the knowledge received during curricular activities.
The existing methodology systems have the property of self regulation. This mean that if a method in an existing system has lost its use or is rather inefficient than it is automatically eliminated.
But it is also observed the fact that classical methods are main pillars of educational system. They can suffer some structural changes or evolutional additions but their essence remains.